How Long Does It Take to Move an Office?
Time is of the essence when you’re moving your company. You want to complete the relocation as quickly as possible to minimize downtime, so you can begin generating revenue again. Otherwise, the longer your business takes to move, the more it will affect your company’s bottom line. You’ll also be less available to your customers. That’s why it’s important to have a plan in place and hire a trustworthy moving company, so your move goes as fast and as smoothly as possible.
The time frame from looking for new offices to unpacking and setting up your office furniture and equipment at your new location can take as long as a year in some instances. To estimate how long your move will take, you’ll want to figure out about how long it will take to complete the following:
- Finding and viewing new office properties
- Negotiating with landlords and solicitors
- Repairing and cleaning up your current office space
- Redesigning the new office space
- Researching and hiring a moving company
- Breaking down your current office furniture and IT infrastructure
- Having your items packed and shipped to your new office location
- Unpacking all your items and setting up your office furniture and IT infrastructure
It also helps to list which items need to be completed by a certain date and which tasks have some flexibility in the time frame they’re completed. Plotting these out will give you a good estimate of the length of time it’ll take to relocate your company.
To ensure that your items are packed, shipped, and unloaded as quickly and safely as possible, hire Atlantic Relocation Systems. We understand the importance of completing our customers’ relocation projects in a timely manner, and we’ve been in business since 1966 because of our dedication to going above and beyond for all our customers. A professional relocation coordinator will manage your entire project to keep it on track and be available to address any concerns or questions you may have. You can schedule a consultation for your business’s move by calling us today.